Featured Contributors from the last Made with Love Mondays
First, before we get to the amazing food, I want to thank everyone for participating over the past month. Can you believe it's been a month already since the first Made with Love Monday? I can't. You've all embraced the spirit of the challenge, always kept it fresh and from-scratch, and even kept it beautiful in the process!
I hope you've all had fun this past month and are enjoying this series - I know I am! Of course, I have the enviable job of drooling over all of your creations - you're the ones who invest all the love and time!
Thank you all so much!
Cookin' In My Kitchen: Vegan Banana Berry Ice Cream with no Machine
Simply Delicious: Pineapple Salsa
MJ's Kitchen: Cranberry Bread
Damn Delicious: Mocha Muffins with Chocolate Chips and Mocha Glaze
Tough Cookie NYC: Blueberry & Meyer Lemon Crisp
Now, it's time to make something entirely from scratch!
Let's face it: boxed cake mixes make gorgeous cakes, food dyes can lend eye-appeal to most anything, and tossing in a handful of M&Ms will catch most any wondering eye!
But you know where I stand on food - make it from scratch (with love) or don't bother making it at all.
So each week I host Made with Love Mondays as a weekly challenge to promote, encourage, share, and celebrate foods make entirely from scratch. If you've invested the effort and love into making food from scratch, you deserve recognition and I'm doing all I can to make sure you get it!
Need Some Inspiration? Cheat on Fridays!
- This week's theme: Since we're in the middle of Lent and everyone is struggling to control their cravings for the foods they've given up, the optional theme for this week is Friday Cheats. Tell us about the food you eat (and possibly cheat with) during Lent, make the recipe from scratch and share share it with us.
- Next week's theme: Just in case you can't participate this week (or because you like to plan ahead like me), here's the optional theme for next week: St. Patrick's Favorites - your favorite from-scratch foods (Irish perhaps?) to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!
- Please note: Themes are intended to provide you with inspiration if you're not sure where to start - however a theme is NOT mandatory and you can always submit any from-scratch food post that meets the Guiding Principles listed below.
- Made with Love Mondays is a weekly challenge and the next challenge begins Monday, March 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM EST and will end on Sunday, March 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM EST.
- If you are unable to join us this week, subsequent Made with Love Mondays will always begin on Mondays and always end on Sundays.
ANYONE can participate and EVERYONE gets promoted. The challenge is to make a recipe (any recipe) entirely from scratch - no shortcuts, no preprepared ingredients, no added extras. It doesn't matter if you've been making everything from scratch for years or if this is your very first time cooking. Either way, take the challenge and I can't wait to see what you come up with!
- Select a recipe (any recipe) and make it entirely from scratch (see Guiding Principles below)
- Blog about your experience and link-up your recipe post to Made with Love Mondays (click the "Add your link" button below)
- Add the Made with Love Mondays banner to your recipe post (grab the banner code below and paste it into the HTML of your post)
- A link to your recipe post will always be included in the Made with Love Mondays Recipe Archive
- A link to your blog homepage will be added to the Made with Love Mondays contributor list
- A picture from your recipe will be pinned to the Made with Love Mondays Pinterest board (if a picture is available)
- 10 linked-up recipes from each week will be randomly selected for a feature in the next Made with Love Mondays blog post (posted next Monday)
- I will send a weekly "thank you" tweet to all weekly Made with Love Mondays participants and re-tweet your challenge related tweets that include #MadeWithLuv
It would be difficult to list every restricted ingredient or preprepared shortcut, thus please adhere to the spirit of "Always fresh. Always from scratch." Here are a few guiding principles:
- If it comes out of a can, jar or box don't use it - UNLESS making or procuring the ingredient from scratch is nearly impossible (exceptions might include pasta, tomato paste, peanut butter, tahini paste, oils, Nutella, honey, puff pastry etc)
- Do not use preprepared shortcuts or mixes of any kind such as pre-made biscuits, cake/muffin mix, pastry dough, frosting, jarred marinara, mac and cheese, etc
- If you can find it fresh, don't use frozen
- Check the ingredients label and use only ingredients with NO transfats (partially hydrogenated oils), high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) or preservatives
- No artificial food dyes and no "candies" (such as M&M's, peanut butter cups, etc)
- You can link-up recipes you have previously posted as long as they adhere to the from-scratch Guiding Principles and you have added the below banner code to the post
- You post can be submitted to as many other blog challenges or link-ups as you like - just make sure it adheres to the Guiding Principles and includes the below banner code
- You do NOT need to participate every week in order to contribute to Made with Love Mondays
- You do NOT need to email me your posts
- You do NOT need to add label/tag to your blog
Grab Banner Code (copy/paste this code into the HTML of your blog post):
<a href="http://cookinwluv.blogspot.com/p/made-with-love-mondays.html" title="Made with Love Mondays hosted by Javelin Warrior"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7156/6797570797_5f6497bd2e_m.jpg" width="240" height="187" alt="JWsMadeWLuvMondays"></a>
I've created a page for Made with Love Mondays and added it to the link bar at the top of this page. Now you can easily find other foodie contributors, browse previously added from-scratch recipes, and review the guiding principles for participation. You can even add suggestions or comments to the page.
Link-up Your Recipe: