Thursday, March 29, 2012

Passing the Torch: Versatile Blogger Award

TheVersatileBlogger_Award

I am once again humbled to have been nominated for a blog award, this time from two wonderful bloggers I've recently discovered. Kayle from The Cooking Actress and Jenn from I'm Cookin' in My Kitchen have both graciously bestowed the Versatile Blogger Award and I am both surprised and incredibly grateful. Kayle is an actress with a penchant for food, thanks I'm sure in part to her Italian roots. Jenn is a creative food blogger I met through the Made with Love Mondays food series and her creations never fail to surprise me.

So make sure to pop over and share some love with these two ladies at The Cooking Actress and I'm Cookin' in My Kitchen blogs - you don't want to miss out.

So what is this bright green award all about? The Versatile Blogger Award is intended to serve as an introduction between bloggers. It's an opportunity to share quirky things about yourself, learn fun facts about the people who nominate you, discover new blogs you've never seen before, and promote blogs you love.

Once nominated, there are a few rules suggestions for expressing your gratitude:
  • Thank the blogger(s) who bestowed this award on you and provide a courtesy link back to their blog
  • Recommend 15 versatile bloggers you love (or recently discovered), bestow the Versatile Blogger Award on these 15 blogs, and pass the torch by leaving a comment on each blog
  • Introduce yourself by sharing 7 fun things about yourself

7 Things You May Not Already Know About Me
  1. Love cars. In fact, I can often identify a car by just the headlights in my rear-view mirror or the taillights in front of me without looking at the OEM badge
     
  2. Love vintage Pyrex Cinderella Nesting Bowls. Because they don't shatter or explode. Because the patterns are unlike anything sold today. Because reusing and repurposing just feels like a good thing
     
  3. Love vintage Corning Ware made from Pyroceram. And my favorite pattern is the classic Blue Cornflower. I have a crazy number of pieces, mostly salvaged from thrift stores
     
  4. My favorite food is bread. Followed closely be cheese. Followed by pasta. But strangely, none of my ancestors were Italian; and I'm mostly German but I don't care much for most German food
     
  5. Chocolate cake is my nemesis. I have spent 3 months developing failed chocolate cake. But I'm far too stubborn to admit defeat. ::shakes fist::
     
  6. I hate the word "signature" as a descriptor for anything. I cringe each time I hear it. And I instantly distrust whoever used the word. It's a personal problem, I know
     
  7. I was home schooled pre-K through high school. My friends say my sheltered home school history explains a lot about me. Though I feign annoyance and claim otherwise. Secretly, we all know they're right
TheVersatileBlogger_Award
Passing the Torch
I'm passing the torch to 15 versatile bloggers I love or have recently discovered. And I encourage all of my nominees to share the love and pass the torch on to their favorite bloggers.

19 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much....it was very sweet of you! I had no idea of any of these facts except the corning ware! BTW - what is a car's OEM badge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could entertain you with random facts then =) And OEM is shorthand for "original engine manufacturer" or "original equipment manufacturer" and an example would for Ford's blue circle or Honda's "H" badge

      Delete
  2. Thank you JW, that's very kind of you. It's always fun to find out a bit more about blogging chums and to discover new blogs. Love the idea of home schooling, but as one who has been there, how did you rate it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Choclette - your blog is a lot of fun to follow. As for homeschooling, I think it really depends on the parents and their willingness/motivation to propel their children into the world =) I certainly felt the freedom to explore my passions as a home schooler, but I was pretty awkward socially for a long time. Sometimes still am ;)

      Delete
  3. you are too kind... off to make my 'signature' dish now to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ::shakes head:: ::sigh::
      You're quite welcome Dom but you can keep your "signature" anything! I'll take the non-signature dish please :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your award, and thank you for passing it to me. You sound like my husband - he can tell the car without OEM (thank you Ann for asking the question!) too and he browses cars on internet and every week he dreams about different car. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nami, I used to do exactly what your hubby does all the time - but at some point I got distracted by food ;) Every now and then, I do spot a new model I don't recognize and I have to rush home to research ;)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much, you are very kind : ) You never fail to make me smile, even when I don't feel like it...darn it : D I am a little under the weather this week I'm afraid (cough~cough). I feel your pain in regards to the chocolate cake challenge, and appreciate your tenacity, don't give up! I know when you finally get it, it is going to be super delicious and I cannot wait! I'll send you my address so you can send a piece ; ) Thanks again JW, I'm all smiles : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I could make you smile, Jenn - that's the best part! And you're a very versatile blogger so the award is certainly well earned. I hope you get to feeling better soon and when I succeed with the cake, I'll be happy to send you one!

      Delete
  6. Thank you! How exciting, and what a fun award.


    Tab

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS our fav foods are the same. Bonus ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't bread, cheese and pasta just awesome? I don't know how I would survive without them... I think I would die a little inside every day ;)

      Delete
  8. This was a great read about you and I had no idea that you were that interested in cars! I must profess to be the opposite-I'm interested but I couldn't name a car type unless it was very distinctive :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I try to contain my enthusiasm as I just end up lusting for machines I can't afford and that really won't make me any happier ;) But I'm glad I could surprise you :)

      Delete
  9. A HUGE thanks for passing the Versatile Blogger torch on to me....I am truly honoured to be with such good company too!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Karen - totally deserved and love following your blog. You are certainly a versatile blogger ;)

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for the blogger award! That is super nice of you. I love that part of the award is adding interesting details about yourself. For instance, Pyrex Cinderella bowls. I love Pyrex but was unfamiliar with Cinderella bowls and just spent 20 minutes on Etsy drooling over nesting bowl collections. If only Pyrex wasn't so heavy to ship. Where do you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Jody =) I've found a lot of my nesting bowls in thrift stores (along with the Corning Ware), but a couple of sets I did purchase via eBay and Craigslist as I really wanted the patterns and they're tough to find... I'd recommend checking out your local thrift stores first, then expand to online sources (which are a lot pricier)...

      Delete