I am once again humbled to have been nominated for a blog award, this time from two wonderful bloggers I've recently discovered. Kayle from The Cooking Actress and Jenn from I'm Cookin' in My Kitchen have both graciously bestowed the Versatile Blogger Award and I am both surprised and incredibly grateful. Kayle is an actress with a penchant for food, thanks I'm sure in part to her Italian roots. Jenn is a creative food blogger I met through the Made with Love Mondays food series and her creations never fail to surprise me.
So make sure to pop over and share some love with these two ladies at The Cooking Actress and I'm Cookin' in My Kitchen blogs - you don't want to miss out.
So what is this bright green award all about? The Versatile Blogger Award is intended to serve as an introduction between bloggers. It's an opportunity to share quirky things about yourself, learn fun facts about the people who nominate you, discover new blogs you've never seen before, and promote blogs you love.
Once nominated, there are a few
- Thank the blogger(s) who bestowed this award on you and provide a courtesy link back to their blog
- Recommend 15 versatile bloggers you love (or recently discovered), bestow the Versatile Blogger Award on these 15 blogs, and pass the torch by leaving a comment on each blog
- Introduce yourself by sharing 7 fun things about yourself
7 Things You
- Love cars. In fact, I can often identify a car by just the headlights in my rear-view mirror or the taillights in front of me without looking at the OEM badge
- Love vintage Pyrex Cinderella Nesting Bowls. Because they don't shatter or explode. Because the patterns are unlike anything sold today. Because reusing and repurposing just feels like a good thing
- Love vintage Corning Ware made from Pyroceram. And my favorite pattern is the classic Blue Cornflower. I have a crazy number of pieces, mostly salvaged from thrift stores
- My favorite food is bread. Followed closely be cheese. Followed by pasta. But strangely, none of my ancestors were Italian; and I'm mostly German but I don't care much for most German food
- Chocolate cake is my nemesis. I have spent 3 months developing failed chocolate cake. But I'm far too stubborn to admit defeat. ::shakes fist::
- I hate the word "signature" as a descriptor for anything. I cringe each time I hear it. And I instantly distrust whoever used the word. It's a personal problem, I know
- I was home schooled pre-K through high school. My friends say my sheltered home school history explains a lot about me. Though I feign annoyance and claim otherwise. Secretly, we all know they're right
I'm passing the torch to 15 versatile bloggers I love or have recently discovered. And I encourage all of my nominees to share the love and pass the torch on to their favorite bloggers.
- Jenn @ I'm Cookin' in My Kitchen
- Jody @ The Hobby Room
- Dom @ Belleau Kitchen
- Karen @ Lavender and Lovage
- Choclette @ Chocolate Log Blog
- Ann @ Cooking Healthy for Me
- Carmen @ Carmen's Kitchen
- Don @ Mind-Body Thoughts
- Katrina @ Kitchen Trials
- Jen @ Three Little Piglets
- Nami @ Just One Cookbook
- Tabitha @ My Cliffnotes
- MJ @ MJ's Kitchen
- Gill @ Tales of Pigling Bland
- Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella