Thursday, April 12, 2012

Passing the Torch: Happy Blogger Award

Happy Blogger Award

I am once again humbled to have been nominated for a blog award, this time by Carmen from Carmen's Kitchen - a blogger I've recently discovered. Carmen shares her food adventures as a new bride in the kitchen, recently serving up a baked mac and cheese with bacon that still has me drooling. And Carmen graciously passed this award to me almost 2 weeks ago, so I'm dreadfully behind!

Please do pop over and share some love with Carmen's Kitchen - you don't want her adventures.

So just what is this Happy Blogger Award all about? Honestly, I tried to research the origins but turned up bupkis. Yet the happy flower and bright colors leads me to conclude it has something to do with (dare I say it?) HAPPY BLOGGING. I'm honored someone considers me a happy blogger - and hopefully I can bring happiness to others.

Once nominated, there are no specific rules, but it seems customary to pass the award on to other bloggers. You know, to share the happiness.

Happy Blogger Award
Passing the Torch
I am passing the torch to 10 bloggers I enjoy following, who always seem to put a smile on my face. And I encourage all of my nominees to share the love and pass the torch on to bloggers who bring happiness to their lives.



17 comments:

  1. You're so sweet! I'm so honored to be nominated for this award. These are the times that make food blogging during the middle of the night and frustrations over lack of natural lighting all worth it! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it and you're quite welcome...

      Delete
  2. If anyone is worthy of this it is YOU! Thanks for passing it along. I'm honored :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this award! I like that smiley flower, it does have a way of brightening up your day. Also, thanks so much for choosing me to pass it along to and the nice comment you left me today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Tina and you totally deserve it...

      Delete
  4. A much deserved award to you! It always makes me smile to see you on Twitter promoting fellow bloggers :)
    Greatly appreciate the nomination from you too, I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I can make you smile - now I'm happy ;)

      Delete
  5. Hiya! Congratulations on winning the award!

    And thank you for your very kind words both on Nami's and my blog! The guest post is also a great way for me to find out about bloggers I don't know yet and I must say it's nice 'meeting' you. :)

    Frankly, I never really understood what this particular award is about, either but as far as I can tell you are quite the happy chap so it suits you well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Tobias - and I've only guest blogged once, but I really enjoyed it. It was a great fun and guest blogging for Nami I'm sure was a HUGE honor ;)

      Delete
  6. You rock JW, I am so glad to have found you in my food blogging travels : D Keep up the great work, it's the passion you speak of and the place of love where it all comes from that keeps it all so very awesome. As a side note...I wrote this too long response to your comment earlier...and lost my connection, and poof = gone...just as well...I was rambling : ) I'll try to shorten it and be less gushy next time I try ; ) just FYI...I agree with you %100, and congrats on your Happy Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Jenn. I too am so glad we've connected through blogging. And I'm so glad my comment on your blog didn't offend.

      Delete
  7. Im honored Javelin!! I always enjoy your blog too!! Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Gloria - so glad you enjoy the blog...

      Delete
  8. Congrats and thank u for pssing the award. oh and... thx for your happy comment earlier on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure - I've only recently started following your blog but it's been a great read =)

      Delete
  9. Dear Javelin, congratulations on your award and thank you so much for thinking of me! It is very much appreciated.
    I am very pleased to follow you and always wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete