MJ's Kitchen: Banana Buttermilk Waffles
Girlichef: Bacon-Laced Chocolate Cake
Life Currents: Chai Tea
The More Than Occasional Baker: Lemon, Lime & Basil Cookies
My Little Italian Kitchen: Pork Chops in Aromatic Beer Sauce
Damn Delicious: Roast Pork Loin with Bacon and Brown Sugar Glaze
Emma's Kitchen Diary: Onion and Fennel Hot Dog Buns
Now, it's time to make something entirely from scratch!
Let's face it: boxed cake mixes make gorgeous cakes, food dyes can lend eye-appeal to most anything, and tossing in a handful of M&Ms will catch most any wondering eye!
But you know where I stand on food - make it from scratch (with love) or don't bother making it at all.
So each week I host Made with Love Mondays as a weekly challenge to promote, encourage, share, and celebrate foods make entirely from scratch. If you've invested the effort and love into making food from scratch, you deserve recognition and I'm doing all I can to make sure you get it.
Need Some Inspiration?
- This week's theme: Strawberries are finally back in season (well, at least near me in Virginia) and I've been stocking up while prices are low. Pies, tarts, soups, ice cream, breads - how will you use Strawberries? As always, this theme is optional.
- Next week's theme: Just in case you can't participate this week (or because you like to plan ahead like me), here's the optional theme for next week: Dressings - It's easy to crack open a bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch or twist-off the top of a jar of mayonnaise, but do you have any homemade favorites? Next week, share your favorite homemade dressings.
- Please note: Themes are intended to provide you with inspiration if you're not sure where to start - however a theme is NOT mandatory and you can always submit any from-scratch food post that meets the Guiding Principles listed below.
- Made with Love Mondays is a weekly challenge and the next challenge begins Monday, May 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM EST and will end on Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 3:00 PM EST.
- If you are unable to join us this week, subsequent Made with Love Mondays will always begin on Mondays and always end on Sundays.
ANYONE can participate and EVERYONE gets promoted. The challenge is to make a recipe (any recipe) entirely from scratch - no shortcuts, no preprepared ingredients, no added extras. It doesn't matter if you've been making everything from scratch for years or if this is your very first time cooking. Either way, take the challenge and I can't wait to see what you come up with!
- Select a recipe (any recipe) and make it entirely from scratch (see Guiding Principles below)
- Blog about your experience and link-up your recipe post to Made with Love Mondays (click the "Add your link" button below)
- Add the Made with Love Mondays banner to your recipe post (copy the HTML banner code below and paste it into the HTML of your post)
- Please limit your enthusiasm and link up no more than ONE post per week
- A link to your recipe post will always be included in the Made with Love Mondays Recipe Archive
- A link to your blog homepage will be added to the Made with Love Mondays contributor list
- A picture from your recipe will be pinned to the Made with Love Mondays Pinterest board (if a picture is available)
- Each week linked-up qualifying recipes from the prior week will be featured in the next Made with Love Mondays blog post (posted on Mondays)
- I will send a weekly "thank you" tweet to all weekly Made with Love Mondays participants
- I will re-tweet your challenge related tweets that include #MadeWithLuv
It would be difficult to list every restricted ingredient or preprepared shortcut, thus please adhere to the spirit of "Always fresh. Always from scratch." Here are a few guiding principles:
- If it comes out of a can, jar or box don't use it - UNLESS making or procuring the ingredient from scratch is nearly impossible (exceptions might include pasta, tomato paste, peanut butter, tahini paste, oils, Nutella, honey, puff pastry etc)
- Do not use preprepared shortcuts or mixes of any kind such as pre-made biscuits, cake/muffin mix, pastry dough, frosting, jarred marinara, mac and cheese, etc
- If you can find it fresh, don't use frozen
- Check the ingredients label and use only ingredients with NO transfats (partially hydrogenated oils), high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) or preservatives
- Do not use any artificial food dyes and no "candies" (such as M&M's, peanut butter cups, etc)
- If you use other finished foods in your recipe (e.g. breads, apple sauce, cookies, stocks etc), you must either a) include a recipe for the finished food in your post OR b) link to the recipe you used to make the finished food
- You can link-up recipes you have previously posted as long as they adhere to the from-scratch Guiding Principles and you have added the below banner to your post (banner must link back to the Made with Love Mondays challenge page)
- Your post can be submitted to as many other blog challenges or link-ups as you like - just make sure it adheres to the Guiding Principles and includes the below banner code
- You may link-up ONE recipe per week with Made with Love Mondays
- You do NOT need to participate every week in order to contribute to Made with Love Mondays
- You do NOT need to email me your posts
- You do NOT need to add label/tag to your blog
Grab Banner Code (copy/paste this code into the HTML of your blog post):
<a href="http://cookinwluv.blogspot.com/p/made-with-love-mondays.html" title="Made with Love Mondays hosted by Javelin Warrior"><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7156/6797570797_5f6497bd2e_m.jpg" width="240" height="187" alt="JWsMadeWLuvMondays"></a>
I've created a page for Made with Love Mondays and added it to the link bar at the top of this page. Now you can easily find other foodie contributors, browse previously added from-scratch recipes, and review the guiding principles for participation. You can even add suggestions or comments to the page.
Link-up Your Recipe: