Saturday, July 14, 2012

Passing the Torch: One Lovely and Very Inspiring Blog Awards


I am once again humbled to have been nominated for two blog awards, this time from Amy's Cooking Adventures whom you may remember from this past week's Tuesday Tutor feature. I've been a subscriber to Amy's blog for quite some time now and I always enjoy her delicious creations and family favorites. Yet I was so surprised and grateful when Amy bestowed the One Lovely Blog and Very Inspiring Blog Awards on my blog - thank you Amy!

I have no idea how these awards originated, but their names seem fairly self-explanatory. And like most blog awards, once nominated, there are a few sensible rules suggestions for expressing your gratitude:
  • Thank the blogger who bestowed this award on you and provide a courtesy link back to their blog
  • Recommend bloggers, bestow the award on these blogs, and notify each blogger of the award
  • Introduce yourself by sharing 7 random things about yourself

7 Random Facts About Me
  1. Amy Farrah Fowler is my favorite Big Bang Theory character. Followed closely by Sheldon. And their interaction together is better still.
     
  2. I just bought a new stand mixer and I'm not happy about it. Well, I'm happy I have a mixer that works. And I'm happy that this time I bothered to read the owner's manual and discovered the cause of my last mixer's failure. Note to self (and others): Don't knead dough on higher speeds or machine will self-destruct!
     
  3. I use an iPhone 4 for all my photos. And I have no plans to ever upgrade (except perhaps to a new iPhone at some point). Mostly because I hate fussing with photos and would much rather be cooking or baking. Or writing. Or thrift shopping. Or cleaning. Or most anything, I guess...
     
  4. I'm supposed to be writing a novel. It really hasn't had a single word added since November of last year. And the thought of working on it terrifies me. But I plan to plan on writing soon. Soon.
     
  5. I love the new P&G Olympics commercial. Which is weird because typically I hate most commercials for so many reasons. But I love this commercial - especially this extended version. Is it sad that I know about the extended version?


     
  6. My chest freezer is full - so full that I really can't bake ANYTHING more until we either eat up what's frozen or give it away. I'm encouraging (pestering) my boyfriend to take more food into his day-job to share and I'm even considering mailing care packages to friends...
     
  7. I'm obsessed with leeks. There's really nothing more to say about this except stay tuned because leeks are rising in my future...



Passing the Torch
I'm passing the torch to 7 bloggers I enjoy following - and I'm sure you will enjoy these bloggers as well. I encourage all of my nominees to share the love and pass the torch on to their favorite bloggers.


18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awards. I always love to read the "7 things" and get to know bloggers better. BTW: Came over from Food Stories. I had a photo up too today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed and I'm really intrigued with the Food Story Photos series. I'm popping over to your blog now because it's new to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I superlove that commercial! I hadn't seen it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it an awesome commercial? There's really no product placement and the musical score is incredible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, I am honored that you chose me to pass it on to :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love learning new things about my foodie friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DARN YOU for making me cry. Hard. That IS a great commercial. And THANK YOU for passing these awards on to me...I'm honored. I loved your fun facts - such fun getting a glimpse into "the life". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the awards JW! I love Big Bang Theory! I like Sheldon - he's so weird but funny! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your awards! And it was so entertaining to read your trivia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was happy to do it, Amy... Your blog is an inspiration to me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll admit, the commercial makes me tear up a bit too - but sorry for making you cry! And I'm glad you enjoyed the random bits from life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Nami and I agree - Sheldon is weird but so funny and entertaining to watch...

    ReplyDelete
  13. mjskit @ mjskitchen.comJuly 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM

    Congratulations on these well-deserved awards Javelin! Loved reading more about you. I can't believe that all you pictures were taken with an iPhone! You explained exactly why I know longer have a chest freezer! :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the chest freezer because I can made stuff in advance and then pull it out as I need or. Or for stocking up on in season fruits and veggies. But I seem to have gone a little overboard :( And I think the quality of the photos is really a tribute to the HDR setting on the iPhone. It snaps 2 different exposers for every photo...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kayle (The Cooking Actress)July 16, 2012 at 6:41 PM

    Congrats!! Well deserved :) I LOVE AMY FARRAH FOWLER TOO! Didn;t you love when she got the tiara? Priceless :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Kayle. I don't think I've seen the tiara episode - I've been catching up via TBS all summer because I only started watching the series in April. I know - I've been missing out!

    ReplyDelete