I am once again humbled to have been nominated for two blog awards, this time from Amy's Cooking Adventures whom you may remember from this past week's Tuesday Tutor feature. I've been a subscriber to Amy's blog for quite some time now and I always enjoy her delicious creations and family favorites. Yet I was so surprised and grateful when Amy bestowed the One Lovely Blog and Very Inspiring Blog Awards on my blog - thank you Amy!
I have no idea how these awards originated, but their names seem fairly self-explanatory. And like most blog awards, once nominated, there are a few sensible
- Thank the blogger who bestowed this award on you and provide a courtesy link back to their blog
- Recommend bloggers, bestow the award on these blogs, and notify each blogger of the award
- Introduce yourself by sharing 7 random things about yourself
7 Random Facts About Me
- Amy Farrah Fowler is my favorite Big Bang Theory character. Followed closely by Sheldon. And their interaction together is better still.
- I just bought a new stand mixer and I'm not happy about it. Well, I'm happy I have a mixer that works. And I'm happy that this time I bothered to read the owner's manual and discovered the cause of my last mixer's failure. Note to self (and others): Don't knead dough on higher speeds or machine will self-destruct!
- I use an iPhone 4 for all my photos. And I have no plans to ever upgrade (except perhaps to a new iPhone at some point). Mostly because I hate fussing with photos and would much rather be cooking or baking. Or writing. Or thrift shopping. Or cleaning. Or most anything, I guess...
- I'm supposed to be writing a novel. It really hasn't had a single word added since November of last year. And the thought of working on it terrifies me. But I plan to plan on writing soon. Soon.
- I love the new P&G Olympics commercial. Which is weird because typically I hate most commercials for so many reasons. But I love this commercial - especially this extended version. Is it sad that I know about the extended version?
- My chest freezer is full - so full that I really can't bake ANYTHING more until we either eat up what's frozen or give it away. I'm encouraging (pestering) my boyfriend to take more food into his day-job to share and I'm even considering mailing care packages to friends...
- I'm obsessed with leeks. There's really nothing more to say about this except stay tuned because leeks are rising in my future...
Passing the Torch
I'm passing the torch to 7 bloggers I enjoy following - and I'm sure you will enjoy these bloggers as well. I encourage all of my nominees to share the love and pass the torch on to their favorite bloggers.
- Heather from Girlichef
- Kris from Munchin with Munchkin
- Amy from Fragrant Vanilla Cake
- Danny from Boy and the Rabbit
- Sarah from Food Bridge
- Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama
- Eva from Adventures in Cooking