Friday, August 17, 2012

Food Fetish Friday: Featured Foodie 8/17/2012

Food Fetish Friday


The Food Fetish Friday series has featured food from over 250 unique bloggers in the past 9 months. Without these bloggers' hard work and dedication to outstanding food, Food Fetish Friday couldn't exist. So I have devoted a new section of Food Fetish Fridays to the bloggers to make this series possible and it's called Featured Foodies.

Featured Foodie posts are a chance for us all to meet the real people behind the food. Every Friday, I select and interview an amazing foodie who has been previously featured in the Food Fetish Friday series. We'll discover what makes these foodies tick, where they find their food inspiration, and gain valuable insight from their experiences. And of course, we'll drool over their food!

Please welcome this week's Featured Foodie!


Blog  |  Twitter  |  Pinterest

Chung-Ah Rhee is the author of Damn Delicious, a food blog filled with unique, homemade recipes with step-by-step photos to help facilitate your own recreations of these wonderful dishes. She loves green bananas and breaking a sweat at spin class.





Q&A with Javelin Warrior

JW: When did you start blogging? And why?
Chung-Ah: I started blogging in April of last year after a friend had recommended that I create a food blog. I was already cooking and baking so often, taking photos of my finished dishes and sending them to friends that it was only customary to blog about it.
JW: How - or where - do you find inspiration for your food creations?
Chung-Ah: My inspiration initially came from the Food Network channel. I particularly loved watching Giada create such amazing Italian dishes. But now my inspiration has grown to include other food bloggers as they create such beautiful photography and amazing recipes that I can adapt from.
JW: If you had to pick just one favorite food to make over and over again, what would it be?
Chung-Ah: It's so hard to choose just one but if I absolutely had to, it would have to be these Salmon BLT Sliders.
JW: What kind of camera do you use?
Chung-Ah: I have been using a Canon Rebel T2i with a 50mm f/1.8 lens since May.
JW: Your food and photos are an inspiration to me - and I'm sure to many others - but who inspires you?
Chung-Ah: Jessica from Portuguese Girl Cooks is a huge inspiration to me. Her photos are absolutely stunning, and her use of food props is absolutely flawless.
JW: Based on your personal experiences, what three cookbooks would you recommend right now?
Chung-Ah: My three favorite cookbooks as of right now has to be Joy the Baker Cookbook, Barefoot Contessa: How Easy is That?, and The Cook's Illustrated Cookbook.
JW: What advice or tips for success can you offer other bloggers?
Chung-Ah: Blogging shouldn't have to feel like a chore or a second job. It sometimes feels overwhelming since you're going from being a cook to a recipe developer to a marketer to a million other things but in the end, it's important to take breaks and to have fun.
JW: When you're not in the kitchen or working on a blog, where would I find you?
Chung-Ah: Spin class! It's become my new obsession.

Inspired Creations from Damn Delicious
Previously Featured in Food Fetish Friday

Irish Soda Bread Muffins

Baked Brown Sugar Chicken Wings with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce

Kalbi Steak Kimchi Grilled Cheese

Buttermilk Banana Blueberry Bread

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce

Oven-Fried Chicken with Homemade Coleslaw

Italian Meatball Sandwiches




7 comments:

  1. Thank you again for the feature! I'm so honored to be a part of your food fetish Friday series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Chung-Ah! It was so great having you and thanks for sharing with us all!

      Delete
  2. Loved reading about you, Chung-Ah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feature ... Heading over to check out the site :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay my favorite blogger! I've been follow Chung-Ah's blog for a while and absolutely love it. It was wonderful that I got to know her better. Thanks JW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed, CJ - Chung-Ah has an awesome blog and I know you'll love it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following Damn Delicious for quite a while too, Nami - I'm so glad you agree that she has a wonderful blog. And I love learning more about awesome bloggers and sharing it with everyone else...

    ReplyDelete