Friday, August 31, 2012

Food Fetish Friday: Featured Foodie 8/31/2012

Food Fetish Friday


The Food Fetish Friday series has featured food from over 250 unique bloggers in the past 9 months. Without these bloggers' hard work and dedication to outstanding food, Food Fetish Friday couldn't exist. So I have devoted a new section of Food Fetish Fridays to the bloggers to make this series possible and it's called Featured Foodies.

Featured Foodie posts are a chance for us all to meet the real people behind the food. Every Friday, I select and interview an amazing foodie who has been previously featured in the Food Fetish Friday series. We'll discover what makes these foodies tick, where they find their food inspiration, and gain valuable insight from their experiences. And of course, we'll drool over their food!

Please welcome this week's Featured Foodie!


Blog  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  Pinterest  |  Instagram

Katrina is a wife and a mom in a house full of boys who love to eat. She is often baking and cooking with baby on her hip and a Hot Wheels car in her hand. In Katrina's Kitchen is a blog about sweets and eats...but mostly sweets!






Q&A with Javelin Warrior

JW: When did you start blogging? And why?
Katrina: I started In Katrina's Kitchen in January of 2011 as a place to share my recipes with friends and family. I have since found a very welcoming and encouraging community!
JW: How - or where - do you find inspiration for your food creations?
Katrina: Many of my creations are over-the-top desserts that you might not make every day. I often work with what ingredients I have around the house. Sometimes I see an interesting item in the grocery store and my mind goes from there.
JW: If you had to pick just one favorite food to make over and over again, what would it be?
Katrina: Cookies. I like the whole ritual of gathering the ingredients, mixing the batter, scooping the cookies, baking, and waiting for them to cool. It's comforting and familiar to me.
JW: What kind of camera do you use?
Katrina: I use a Sony CyberShot. I do not consider myself to be a photographer so I haven't put much time or money into this aspect of food blogging. I do enjoy taking photos though, and I am learning more every day.
JW: Your food and photos are an inspiration to me - and I'm sure to many others - but who inspires you?
Katrina: Wow, thanks! I am inspired by so many food bloggers. If I start listing them we might be here all day. My Google Reader is full of my favorites. I am really liking Instagram these days too. I enjoy getting (and giving) behind-the-scene shots and sneak peeks from some of my favorite bloggers.
JW: Based on your personal experiences, what three cookbooks would you recommend right now?
Katrina: I was just lamenting that I needed to get some good baking books, and my friend Kita {Pass the Sushi} gifted me a copy of the original Baked cookbook by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. I am reading it like a novel - great stuff in there! I also really like Sprinkle Bakes by Heather Baird. She is a gem. Such a creative and talented person! Finally, I cannot wait for Bridget Edwards' new book, Decorating Cookies. I love everything about Bridget, and her cookies are stellar.
JW: What advice or tips for success can you offer other bloggers?
Katrina: My advice is to have fun. Blog because you love it. If something about blogging becomes a chore, then maybe it's time to cut back a little and set some new goals and priorities. I love my blog and I hope that comes across in every post.
JW: When you're not in the kitchen or working on a blog, where would I find you?
Katrina: I am such a nerd - you can usually find me huddled under a blanket reading a good book. That is, if I managed to get away from the craziness that is my life in a house full of boys! Never a dull moment here!

Inspired Creations from In Katrina's Kitchen
Previously Featured in Food Fetish Friday

Creepy Peepers Halloween Jell-O

5 Minute Fancy Frosting

Baby Face Cookies

Cinnamon Roll Cookies

Patchwork Winter Mitten Cookies

Cadbury Cream Cookie Cups

Dark Chocolate Coffee Cake

Biscoff and Nutella Magic Shell


If you missed last week's Featured Foodie, check out my interview with Lorraine from Not Quite Nigella



No comments:

Post a Comment