Monday, August 6, 2012

Made with Love Mondays: Week of 8/6/2012

JWsMadeWLuvMondays

Each week I host Made with Love Mondays as a weekly series to promote, share, and celebrate foods make entirely from scratch. Food without transfats, without preservatives, without food dyes, without high fructose corn syrup. Creative recipes shared by talented foodies. Enjoy - and remember to share your recipes.


NEW From-Scratch Recipes


Blue Kitchen Bakes: Tomato and Basil Tart




Vivian Pang Kitchen: Chicken Pie




The Solitary Cook: Tomato-Goat Cheese Tart




MJ's Kitchen: Green Chile Succotash




Canela Kitchen: Black Sesame-Pears Tea Cake




That Skinny Chick Can Bake: Corn, Basil and Tomato Salad




The Hobby Room Diaries: Lemon-Lime Soda Syrup




How To Be A Gourmand: Mustard & Honey Glazed Chicken with Grilled Red Pepper, Tomato & Rocket Salad




My Little Italian Kitchen: Fried Whiting (Pesciolini Fritti)




Cooking Around the World: Choizo Pasta Salad




Thanks to all of the talented foodies who have made this series possible - YOU ROCK!

Want more from-scratch recipes? Check out the Made with Love Mondays Pinterest Board







Share From-Scratch Recipes
Participation Index





Optional Weekly Themes
  • This week's theme: From-scratch recipes featuring Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes
  • Next week's theme: From-scratch recipes featuring Fresh Zucchini
  • Please note: Themes are intended to provide you with inspiration if you're not sure where to start or what to make. Themes are completely optional and you can any from-scratch food post that meets the Guiding Principles


10 comments:

  1. mjskit @ mjskitchen.comAugust 6, 2012 at 3:23 AM

    Hope you had a great weekend! Great recipes from last week!!! Thanks for hosting Darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this feature! Great list - thanks for the work of putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great weekend, MJ - went to see Total Recall remake which was surprisingly good. I'm so glad you enjoyed this week's roundup and thanks for sharing your amazing gazpacho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed and it's a lot of fun to see what everyone contributes every week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody_thehobbyroomdiariesAugust 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM

    Next week's theme is fresh heirloom tomatoes? Does that mean you have some where you live? Lucky. I think the PNW is way behind everyone else because of our non-summer. Although, it's been about 90 for the last couple days and I am DYING, which makes me feel totally lame because I know everyone else in the country does months of 90 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for hosting! I love that tomato and basil tart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been really hot in Virginia Beach area as well - and yes, I fortunately do have access to heirlooms locally (although I do have to go hunting for them!)... If you don't have access to heirloom, you can still participate with any other recipe of your choice - I'm just always curious how people will use different ingredients...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My pleasure, Alida, and thank you for sharing! I agree - that tart looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jody_thehobbyroomdiariesAugust 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM

    I bought and nursed to life some heirloom tomato seeds this year, it was a first time for me, and they have blossoms! So heirloom tomato recipes are coming . . . it will just take a while. I like that you have themes to get people thinking if they're stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you're growing your own heirloom tomatoes! I'm so impressed and I can't wait to see what you come up with to use them. Heirlooms are always so delicious, it's hard for me to do anything but just slice and eat...

    ReplyDelete