Monday, October 22, 2012

Made with Love Mondays: Week of 10/22/2012

JWsMadeWLuvMondays


Each week I host Made with Love Mondays as a weekly series to promote, share, and celebrate foods make entirely from scratch. Food without transfats, without preservatives, without food dyes, without high fructose corn syrup. Creative recipes shared by talented foodies. Browse Recipe Index



Announcement


Made with Love Mondays has featured over 50 bloggers and nearly 300 recipes in the past 9 months - that's a lot of from-scratch food! THANK YOU ALL for your support and continued passion for sharing food made from scratch. This series would not be possible without your creativity, generosity and gosh-darn good eats!

For the past few months, I've been busily working on some major improvements to the Made with Love Mondays series. I've spent hours and hours loading photo after photo after photo into Tumblr. Then more hours (and more hours) categorizing each and every recipe based on primary ingredients, recipe type, and more. And then…and then…and then…

This could go on for a while, so skip forward a few months and you can imagine my excitement to finally (FINALLY!) be ready to share these improvements with you.
  • Tumblr Gallery: Every Made with Love Monday recipe is now beautifully featured and shared with the ravenous food-stalkers on Tumblr via the Made with Love Mondays Tumblr gallery. The Tumblr gallery is a simple and beautiful way to browse all of your amazing food - all in one spot! And don't worry - your photos link directly back to the recipes on your blogs. Check it out
     
  • Recipe Index: Thanks to Tumblr, every Made with Love Monday recipe is now also part of the new categorized Recipe Index. This makes it so easy and intuitive for visitors to find your from-scratch recipes, no matter when you submitted them to Made with Love Mondays. Want soup? Click the link for soups and you'll instantly be browsing every soup ever submitted to Made with Love Mondays. Want to make something with pumpkin? Click the link for pumpkin. Check it out
     
  • Featured Recipes: It's now so simple for visitors to discover even more of your from-scratch recipes with just a click. The new Featured Contributors section of Made with Love Mondays now includes a "Featured Recipes" link for every contributing blogger of the series. Visitors can click this link and instantly view the recipes you have shared with Made with Love Mondays. All of your recipes, and just your recipes. Check it out
     
  • My Recipe Gallery: You can now easily share and promote your from-scratch recipes with your fans and followers using the new My Recipe Gallery badge. Once configured, this badge links directly to a gallery of just your Made with Love Mondays recipes. Get the badge and instructions for configuring
     
  • Bigger Photos: We eat with our eyes and bigger photos mean we can better devour every detail. So I have reformatted my blog to accommodate larger photo widths. To be honest, I didn't do this just for Made with Love Mondays, but it's a happy coincidence and I'm proud to be sharing even bigger photos of your from-scratch creations.
I hope you're as excited as I am about these changes (probably not, but still) and please feel free to leave me feedback on the changes. I did my very best to implement only changes to better promote and highlight your food, but sometimes I miss the mark (and I'm counting on you to let me know if I have). If you have questions about how to use the Tumblr gallery, Recipe Index or badges, let me know.

Enjoy - and thank you all.



NEW From-Scratch Recipes


Damn Delicious: Raspberry Orange Muffins  |  More Featured Recipes



Piece of Cake: Barbequed Spicy Chicken  |  More Featured Recipes



My Little Italian Kitchen: Squid and Peas in Tomato Sauce  |  More Featured Recipes



MJ's Kitchen: Pear Apple Cobbler  |  More Featured Recipes



Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen: Ham and Bean Soup  |  More Featured Recipes



Life Currents: Autumnal Salad  |  More Featured Recipes



Canela Kitchen: Couscous Salad  |  More Featured Recipes



The More Than Occasional Baker: Strawberry Basil Cake  |  More Featured Recipes



Elizabeth's Kitchen: Apple & Blackberry Crumble  |  More Featured Recipes



Food Eat Love: Seafood Starter, Cestnut Stuffed Roast Chicken and Apple Pistachio Crumble  |  More Featured Recipes



Blue Kitchen Bakes: Tarte Tatin  |  More Featured Recipes



Fab Food 4 All: Vegetable Dhal Curry  |  More Featured Recipes



Thanks to all of the talented foodies who have made this series possible - YOU ROCK!

Want more from-scratch recipes? Browse Recipe Index







Share From-Scratch Recipes
Participation Index




Optional Weekly Themes
  • This week's theme: From scratch recipes (see Ingredient Restrictions) celebrating Halloween
  • Next week's theme: From scratch recipes featuring Saffron
  • Please note: Themes are intended to provide you with inspiration if you're not sure where to start or what to make. Themes are completely optional and you can share any from-scratch food post that meets the Guiding Principles


20 comments:

  1. So that's what has been keeping you out of trouble lately - whew... I'm tired just reading all you've been doing. Great job mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mjskit @ mjskitchen.comOctober 22, 2012 at 12:09 AM

    Mark, What GREAT additions to Made with Love Monday! What you have don't takes A LOT of work and I just want you to know how much it is appreciated! You're incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel (Sharky Oven Gloves)October 22, 2012 at 5:44 AM

    You've made such wonderful additions to Made with Love Mondays! The amount of work you've put into it is so impressive – well done to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a hell of a lot of work you've done for Made With Love Mondays and it's very much appreciated. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So many exciting things going on...can't wait to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camilla @Fabfood4allOctober 22, 2012 at 8:41 AM

    Wow, that certainly is/was a labour of love, not sure if you're crazy or a genius, maybe a crazy genius? Thank you your work is very much appreciated and it looks awesome, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Don :) I'm not sure if I was keeping out of trouble or making more trouble ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the kind words, MJ - I'm so glad you like the changes and it's good to finally be able to share them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you like the changes, Mel - it's been a journey for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you like the changes to the series, Jen! It was a lot of work, but I think it's all for the better and happy to be able to share it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you like the changes, Heather - but any suggestions for improvement are always appreciated...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess the crazy or genius will be determined over time ;) But I think the changes are for the best and I'm glad you hear to like them :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful round up! So many beautiful recipes to try. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing, I'm looking forward trying some of these.So tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you've been hard at work with your Made with Love Mondays - I love it!! The tumblr gallery and featured recipes are brilliant not to mention the recipe index. Thank you for all your hard work, I'm so pleased to be a part of it. I'm doubly pleased that I am not restricted to 1 entry per week so here's my first one for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always excited each week to share all the from-scratch creations everyone submits. There's always so much to drool over - I'm so glad you enjoyed, Hani...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you love the changes, Ros - and I'm always thrilled when you have an opportunity to participate. Thanks so much for the kind words...it made my evening :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mich @www.pieceofcake.sgOctober 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

    Thank you for all the hard work, its amazing. Love the large photo formats... its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you like the changes, Mich - and I'm a fan of the larger photos myself :)

    ReplyDelete