Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tuesday Tutor Vacancy

Vacant


Each Tuesday I ask a friend to be my tutor for a day. I select one of their original recipes, I follow my friend's recipe instructions, I snap a multitude of pictures, I sample the results - and then I share everything I love about my friend's recipe. Learn More



Sadly, this week's Tuesday Tutor spot is vacant. I know. I miss getting to know some new. And I tried. Probably tried too hard, in fact. I can only imagine being on the receiving end of my peskiness.

But, to be fair, bloggers are busy people often with hectic and overlapping work, family and blog commitments. So while I know I'm disappointed, it's also understandable.

The good news is, I had a chance to reminisce about all the wonderful previous Tuesday Tutors I've met over the past 18 months. And all the delicious food. So today, I'm introducing three very memorable Tuesday Tutors from days gone by. Although I really could have selected about 10 tutors for today. Or 15. Or more.

The point is, if you haven't already met these wonderful bloggers, get to know them now. And if you want to discover other wonderful tutors not featured today, please take a look.

And next week! Next week for sure I'll have a new tutor. Probably. Hopefully. Well, let's wait until next week.



Blog  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  Pinterest  |  RSS

Teriyaki Chicken Close-up 2
How to make: Teriyaki Chicken

More About Nami, from Nami
  1. I think the skill I am the most talented with is organization rather than cooking. Probably cleaning comes next, then cooking. If someone can cook great dinner, I’m happy to do the dishes!
  2. I used to share one recipe a day on my Facebook and I almost named my blog “365 Dinner Plans”. I’m glad I didn’t pick that name otherwise my blog probably wouldn't have continued this long.
  3. I’ve been in the US for 16 years. In 4 years I’d be spending the same amount of time living in Japan and the US. However, I still haven’t mastered American cooking or baking yet and I need to work on it!
  4. I have been taking food pictures for a little bit over a year, yet I still get nervous when the photo shooting time comes. I hope I can relax and feel comfortable taking pictures one day.
  5. I often get asked how I manage everything with two kids, and my only answer is I sacrifice my sleep because I don’t want to sacrifice my time with family.

Read Tuesday Tutor with Nami



MJ from MJ's Kitchen
Blog  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  Pinterest  |  RSS

Rhubarb Sorbet Scooped
How to make: Rhubarb Mint Sorbet

More About MJ, From MJ
  1. When I started blogging and publishing my recipes, I had to dust off my measuring tools and force myself to measure ingredients. I still fight it, but I'm getting better.
  2. Maybe the fact that I don't like to measure is why I never became a baker.
  3. I was never interested in photography until I started blogging. Food photography caught my interest and after the first few pictures I realized I had A LOT to learn, but that's o.k. because it's been fun!
  4. You know how they say you can take the girl out of the south (USA), but you can't take the south out of the girl? I'm definitely proof of that.
  5. When I was 14 I had my first car date. I married the guy 5.5 years later and we're still going strong.

Read Tuesday Tutor with MJ



Heather from girlichef
Blog  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  Pinterest  |  RSS

Baked Banana Bread
How to make: Banana Bread

More About Heather, By Heather
  1. My first solid food was frijoles refritos (refried beans). It's a running joke in my family that those beans stemmed my passion for Mexican cuisine. Yet, I think it's true.
  2. My 'last meal' choice would be a Filet Mignon (medium) with hand-cut fries and a big ol' pitcher of Bearnaise sauce to use on both.
  3. I can quote (the movie) Dazed and Confused from beginning to end. Also Goonies. And Girls Just Want to Have Fun. And The Notebook. YIKES!
  4. I love reading culinary mysteries. Sure, they might be fun and a bit "fluffy", but I LOVE them. I'm a closet private eye.
  5. I can relate almost anything to food...bring any experience right back to the kitchen.

Read Tuesday Tutor with Heather




6 comments:

  1. It's true, bloggers are busy bunch. Sometimes I don't know up from down ;P (seriously, though)! And hey, that's means I got a revisit, so I've got to love it. Thanks so much for sharing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have dreams about that banana bread :) Happy to be re-sharing and it put me in the mood for all of these things all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you didn't have a new Tuesday Tutor for today, but life sometimes doesn't cooperate. Great idea to dust off some old ones! And you chose 3 excellent ones - thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little sad, but it was fun to go back and reminisce over previous tutors. And Nami, MJ and Heather are all wonderful bloggers so I'm glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, your title had me curious to check out your blog....! :) I always enjoy revisiting older recipes as well. Great idea. I also like your Tuesday Tutor idea. It's fun having a "reason" to try some recipes from other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lot of fun every week to try new recipes from my friends - there's so many amazing recipes out there. And you're so right - it helps me to have a reason :D I'm so glad you enjoyed the post and hopefully I'll be back next Tuesday with a new friend's recipe...

    ReplyDelete