Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday Tutor Vacancy

Vacant


Each Tuesday I ask a friend to be my tutor for a day. I select one of their original recipes, I follow my friend's recipe instructions, I snap a multitude of pictures, I sample the results - and then I share everything I love about my friend's recipe. Learn More



Sadly, this week's Tuesday Tutor spot is vacant. I know. It's sad for me too. But, to be fair, bloggers are busy people, often with hectic and overlapping work, family and blogging commitments. So it's completely understandable.

The good news is, this gave me another chance to reminisce over all the previous wonderful Tuesday Tutors I've met over the past 18 months. And I had time to go back and drool over all the delicious food. So today, I'm re-introducing three very memorable Tuesday Tutors from days gone by. If you haven't already met these wonderful bloggers, get to know them now. And if you want to discover other wonderful tutors not featured today, please take a look.

And next week for I'll be back with a brand new tutor. Promise.



Jamie from Life's a Feast
Blog  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  Pinterest

Bite of Coffee Panna Cotta
Coffee Panna Cotta with Bittersweet Mocha Sauce

More About Jamie, from Jamie
  1. I hate trends, whether in fashion or food. I stay away from them with a passion.
  2. I have what my husband calls Cosmic Vertigo: I can't look through telescopes, microscopes, binoculars, at 3-D movies or Google Earth.
  3. I always loved eating so much that I may be the only person you will meet who actually loved school cafeteria food and airplane food. Maybe because it was good compared to much of what my mom cooked for us at home.
  4. My husband is an incredible cook and totally self taught. Although I am a passionate baker, he is the one who really taught me - and continues to teach me - to cook.
  5. Every 5 to 7 years, my husband and I quit everything, move somewhere new (or try to) and start over. We are in that phase now. Life is an adventure.

Read Tuesday Tutor with Jamie



Blog  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  Pinterest

Pasta with Scallops and Wine Overhead
Maccheroncini with Scallops, Leek and Saffron Sauce

More About Alida, from Alida
  1. I carry my Italian heritage with me at all times and everything is linked to my tummy: if I go on a trip, that has only been good if I have eaten well. Food was bad so trip was bad.
  2. I love fish. If I am presented with a fish dish, I can tell if it was caught on the same day at a glance.
  3. I am passionate about organic food.
  4. Sometimes I imagine and compare myself to a 50s housewife, just need to put some red lippy on too!
  5. My motto is: Smile! Life is far too short to worry too much.

Read Tuesday Tutor with Alida



Blog  |  Facebook  |  Google+  |  Pinterest

Garnished Blackberry Fool Closeup
Blackberry Fool with Lemon Curd

More About Jody, from Jody
  1. My very favorite kitchen tool is the silicone spatula - I just can't cook without using one. I love how useful they are and that they come in a whole rainbow of colors. The problem is that spatulas aren't that expensive, so it's easy to buy a lot without really noticing.
     
  2. Growing up we didn't eat junk food or even much processed food, so (much to my shame) things like Kraft Mac n' Cheese and Twinkies are still really exciting to me. But so is from-scratch pasta and chicken pot pie, so I guess I'm not doing too badly.
     
  3. I am one of those weirdos walking around with the shoes that have individual toes and I love them! They are so comfortable to wear around, even on pavement, and I don't understand how that can be possible, but somehow it is. Along with being good for bad feet and backs, rumors are they also make you look better from behind . . . still waiting on that one.
     
  4. Blogging has turned me into one of those annoying amateur photographers that makes everyone pause every five seconds in order to "get the shot." I used to never take pictures, which I feel totally guilty about, and I'm making up for lost time. So if I'm holding you up on the sidewalk, I'm sorry. Just push right past me, it's going to be a while.
     
  5. My favorite food, hands down, is peanut butter. Followed by almond butter and cashew butter. And if there's dark chocolate to go with it, even better.

Read Tuesday Tutor with Jody



5 comments:

  1. mjskit @mjskitchen.comJune 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM

    Sorry about the vacancy this week, but it's worked out for me because I must had missed the coffee panna cotta. Need to go check that out! Looking forward to next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really enjoyed getting a chance to go back through previous Tuesday Tutors. And you're right - as long as I can make lemonade :) Thanks, John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad you had a chance to check out the coffee panna cotta, MJ! It really was delicious, especially if you use espresso powder ;) I think I remember eating about 4 of them myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody_thehobbyroomdiariesJune 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM

    I missed the coffee panna cotta, too, that looks great! Mocha sauce can never be a bad thing, in my opinion. I had forgotten about some of my interview answers, so that's fun to read again, thanks for the flash from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed, Jody. The mocha sauce was delicious and looking back and I really want to make the panna cotta again... And that Blackberry Fool!

    ReplyDelete