Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Most Amazing Liquid #100ThankfulWeeks



You’ve heard of #100HappyDays? Well, I stole the idea and adapted to fit my blogging schedule.

Every day is filled with reasons to be thankful. And yet the majority of my day isn’t spent being thankful. That’s got to change. God sent his son to save me - HUGE reason to always be thankful. And I’ve been freed to live a new life through Christ, released from fear, doubt, shame and self-reliance, equipped with love to serve others and blessed with all kinds of daily tasks and jobs to express my love. And that’s just the big stuff.

How about all the amazing little things each day? The simple, everyday stuff. The stuff I totally take for granted and just expect to be there. And yet stuff that so many people still don’t have - and may never possess. My God gives me so much and it’s time to praise him for all he’s done for me.

This is #100ThankfulWeeks to praise Him. I’m sharing one simple thing I’m thankful for each week. And I encourage you to swipe the idea and make it your own. And if you let me know when you post or what hashtag you use, I’ll be happy to share your posts. Because there can never be to much thankfulness.



Week 1: Water

So basic. But every time I pour myself a glass of this incredible liquid, I’m in awe. Because I have a virtually unlimited supply of clean, drinkable water. And not just tap water. I can go to any supermarket, gas station or restaurant and pick from a selection of bottled waters. Filtered water, distilled water, spring water, vitamin water, aquifer water. And it’s mine whenever I want it.

And then there’s water for showers, pools, water parks, sprinkler systems, steam turbines, hydraulics - to name a few. And of course the patter of rain, thunder of waterfalls and rhythm of waves. It’s all water and it’s the stuff that keeps me alive, cleans me and offers so many opportunities for enjoyment. And it’s just there.

Fish in Hawaii Aquarium

Except for all the places in the world where it’s not just there. And there are a LOT of those places. People, just like me, will die today because they don’t have water. Kids, only a few years old, will die because their only water source is contaminated. While I’m showering, washing dishes, swimming and watering plants, millions are suffering because they don’t have the most basic liquid I take for granted every day.

I should be leaping for joy every day over water! What makes me special to enjoy water? Nothing. Yet I have all I could ever want. Thank you so much, God! It’s so incredible and you give me so much of it. I’m so thankful And I am incredibly blessed. Which means now I can use this gift to help others and to find ways to bring water to those who don’t have it.



What are your favorite uses for water? And do you drink bottled or tap? (I drink a form of bottled...)


6 comments:

  1. Kayle (The Cooking Actress)June 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM

    I love water-it is seriously one of my favorite things. It's my favorite drink, and anytime I'm near a body of water I have an instant calm come over me...ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is sooo precious. And easy to ignore, until you don't have it. Right out of college I lived in Morocco, part of which was experiencing extreme drought. So the water was turned off every day for something like 15 hours or so. I learned to appreciate it real fast! Good post -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way, Kayle. I loved it when we lived near Lake Erie and later the ocean so I could just go walk along the beach. So calming and so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would definitely make one stop and appreciate water! I've fortunately never had to be without water (or lived where water was seriously limited) and the thought alone is intimidating. And I didn't know you had lived in Morocco - so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the power of water is awesome - torrential rains, surf, waves. Oh, I drink tap water - lots of it. And when I'm in the mountains I drink from the streams (when I'm above the pastures and ski slopes LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, Katie, the power of water is amazing. I've only been to Niagara Falls in Canada once, but the sheer power of that much water is incredible... I've never tried water in nature - I'm a little squeamish ;)

    ReplyDelete