Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Billion, Billion, Trillion, Zillion #100ThankfulWeeks


Fish in Hawaii Aquarium
Week 1
Nephew's Birthday Party
Week 2
Untitled
Week 3
Please Help
Week 4
Chores
Week 5
Almonds
Week 6

You’ve heard of #100HappyDays? Well, I stole the idea and adapted to fit my blogging schedule.

Every day is filled with reasons to be thankful. And yet the majority of my day isn’t spent being thankful. That’s got to change. God sent his son to save me - HUGE reason to always be thankful. And I’ve been freed to live a new life through Christ, released from fear, doubt, shame and self-reliance, equipped with love to serve others and blessed with all kinds of daily tasks and jobs to express my love. And that’s just the big stuff.

How about all the amazing little things each day? The simple, everyday stuff. The stuff I totally take for granted and just expect to be there. And yet stuff that so many people still don’t have - and may never possess. My God gives me so much and it’s time to praise him for all he’s done for me.

This is #100ThankfulWeeks to praise Him. I’m sharing one simple thing I’m thankful for each week. And I encourage you to swipe the idea and make it your own. And if you let me know when you post or what hashtag you use, I’ll be happy to share your posts. Because there can never be to much thankfulness.



Week 7: Stars

Giant balls of gas, burning at incredibly hot temperatures and releasing an astounding amount of energy every second, yet blazing with intensity for more lifetimes than I can count. And uncountable billions of these dramatic fireballs in corner of the sky. Yet sparkling so softly, their light delicately studding the black night sky in beautiful and age-old patterns.

Stars are so spectacular - yet so insignificant and tiny at the same time. Their light glows in our sky from billions of light years away, from the most impossible distances. Yet we enjoy their light without giving it a second thought.

Have you ever thought what the night sky would be like without light from all the other stars? There would just be the sole moon in a very black sky. No connect-the-dot shapes, no pinpoints of light, nothing to interest us. Nothing to fuel our imagination or intrigue our curiosity. Just blackness with a cold, white moon.



Staring up at all those billions of stars, some faint and others jewel-like, I'm overwhelmed with my own insignificance. These same stars were burning for thousands of years before I even existed and they will go on blazing for thousands of years after I'm gone. Billions of indescribably enormous balls of energy, all different shapes and sizes, burning for all those years without dying or faltering or dimming. I will be blessed if I live to 80 years - and that's not even a blink of time compared to the life of a star.

And yet here I am. Alive and gazing up at these amazing stars. Here I am, drawing patterns between the dots of light and enjoying their splendor from billions of light years away. The same God who created and watches over these tremendous giants also created and watches over me. What am I compared to such an amazing thing as a star? Or a thousand stars? Or a billion billion stars? And yet God loves me and blesses my night sky with these awesome creations and sets them in patterns I can recognize and enjoy.

Thank you for stars, God. Thank you for lighting the night sky with so many beautiful pinpoints of light - and for arranging them in ways to fascinate and intrigue me. Thank you for reminding me of my own insignificance when compared to your stars. I am insignificant - and yet you love me. Your power is awesome and your love stronger and more enduring than even the greatest of these stars. Keep me humble and help me to shine with your love - with the same intensity and unfaltering energy of a brilliant star.



What's your favorite constellation? And have you ever seen it through a telescope?


No comments:

Post a Comment